Thursday 28 December 2017

One Year Bible: Day 350 Malachi 2:17-4:6; Revelation 7:1-17; Psalm 144:1-8

Malachi 4:5 speaks of "that great and dreadful Day of the Lord."  The Day of the Lord will be a Day of Judgment. This is not, however, the full story. It will also be the great Day of salvation. This comes through clearly in Revelation 7 - "a great multitude that no-one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb ... wearing white robes and ... holding palm branches ... cried out in a loud voice, 'Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne and to the Lamb'" (Revelation 7:9-10). This is our great encouragement as we wage spiritual warfare against the enemies of God. The glorious celebration in the Kingdom of God is the outcome of our life of faith. Saved by grace, we are victors in Christ. "These in white robes ... have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb" (Revelation 7:13-14). That is the glorious finale of God's gracious work of salvation. Here-and-now, we face spiritual warfare. In the midst of the battle, we say, "Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. He is my loving God and my Fortress, my Stronghold and my Deliverer, my Shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues people under me" (Psalm 144:1-2). We, who have had a glimpse of heavenly glory, a foretaste of glory divine, now pray, "Part Your heavens, O Lord, and come down" (Psalm 144:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord’s work is moving on.

Deuteronomy 33:1-34:12 The Lord’s work is moving on. The Lord’s servant – Moses – is looking towards the future. He is pronouncing God’s...