Thursday 28 December 2017

One Year Bible: Day 312 - Ezekiel 16:1-63; Hebrews 9:1-15; Proverbs 27:5-14

The promises of God are given in Ezekiel 16 - “I will remember the covenant I made with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you ... So I will establish My covenant with you, and you will know that I am the Lord” (Ezekiel 16:60,62). These promises are fulfilled in “Christ ... the Mediator of a new covenant.” Through Him, we “receive the promised eternal inheritance.” Through His death “as a ransom”, we are “set ... free from the sins committed under the first covenant” (Hebrews 9:15). “Take the garment of one who puts up security for a stranger” (Proverbs 27:13) - Through faith in Christ, we receive the garment of His perfect righteousness. Trusting in Him, we are no longer strangers to God. We are secure in His salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord’s work is moving on.

Deuteronomy 33:1-34:12 The Lord’s work is moving on. The Lord’s servant – Moses – is looking towards the future. He is pronouncing God’s...