Sunday 24 December 2017

One Year Bible: Day 205 - Hosea 10:1-11:11; Romans 8:18-39; Psalm 89:1-8

“I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us” (Romans 8:18). God’s purpose of love will not be thwarted. Whatever trouble He may have with us - “My people are determined to turn from Me”, He will not give up on us - “How can I give you up ...?  ... All My compassion is aroused ... I am God ... The Holy One among you, I will not come in wrath. They will follow the Lord” (Hosea 11:8-10). God is determined to bless us. This creates in us a response - “They will follow the Lord.” At the heart of this response, there is worship and witness (Psalm 89:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord’s work is moving on.

Deuteronomy 33:1-34:12 The Lord’s work is moving on. The Lord’s servant – Moses – is looking towards the future. He is pronouncing God’s...