Thursday 21 December 2017

One Year Bible: Day 165 - 2 Samuel 22:1-23:7; Acts 9:1-31; Psalm 73:15-28

2 Samuel 22 begins with a tremendous declaration of who is and a marvellous expression of trust in Him – “The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress and my Deliverer … my Rock … my Shield and the Horn of my Salvation … my Stronghold, my Refuge and my Saviour” (2 Samuel 22:2-3). A similar testimony is found towards the end of Psalm 73 – “God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever” (Psalm 73:26). Such was the testimony of David, in the Old Testament, and Paul, in the New Testament. Paul “spoke boldly in the Name of the Lord” and “the Church … was strengthened and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it grew in numbers, living in the fear of the Lord” (Acts 9:28,31).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord’s work is moving on.

Deuteronomy 33:1-34:12 The Lord’s work is moving on. The Lord’s servant – Moses – is looking towards the future. He is pronouncing God’s...