Wednesday 20 December 2017

One Year Bible: Day 153 - 2 Samuel 2:8-3:21; John 21:1-25; Psalm 69:1-12

God gave His own gracious promise concerning the reign of David: “For the Lord promised David, By My servant David I will rescue my people Israel from the hand of the Philistines and from the hand of all their enemies” (2 Samuel 3:18). Jesus indicated to His disciples, notably Peter, what He was going to do through them: “the net … was full of large fish” (John 21:11). Note also Jesus’ purpose for His disciples – “I will make you fishers of men” (Matthew 4:19). Those who long for much blessing to come, in our day, upon the Church of Christ, say, with the Psalmist, “Zeal for Your House consumes me” (Psalm 69:9).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible Notes by G. Philip

For forty years, Rev George Philip (11th November 1925 - 16th February 2019) taught the Word of God, faithfully and fruitfully, at Sandyfor...