Friday 8 December 2017

One Year Bible: Day 131 - Judges 12:1-13:25; John 6:60-7:13; Psalm 59:9-17

Judges tells us of Samson, a man of great strength. The Psalmist teaches us that true strength comes from the Lord. Samson’s true strength was God-given. Our true strength is God-given. True strength is more than physical strength. It’s spiritual strength. The Psalmist says to God, “O my Strength, I watch for You … I will sing of your strength … O my Strength, I sing praise to You” (Psalm 59:9,16-17). We receive this strength as we read the Word of the Lord. When Jesus asked His disciples if they were about to draw back from following Him, Peter said, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life” (John 6:68).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord’s work is moving on.

Deuteronomy 33:1-34:12 The Lord’s work is moving on. The Lord’s servant – Moses – is looking towards the future. He is pronouncing God’s...