Thursday 15 March 2018

One Year Bible: Day 74 - Numbers 2:10-3:51; Luke 1:39-56; Psalm 34:1-10

The detailed instructions given in the early chapters of Numbers arise out of Moses’ communion with God – “the Lord talked with Moses on Mount Sinai” (Numbers 3:1). God speaks to us, and we – in response to His Word – speak to Him. ‘Mary’s song’, in Luke 1:46-55, is a great example of a soul, touched by the Lord, responding to Him in worship: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour” (Luke 1:46-47). Mary echoes the words of the Psalmist in Psalm 34:1 – “I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord’s work is moving on.

Deuteronomy 33:1-34:12 The Lord’s work is moving on. The Lord’s servant – Moses – is looking towards the future. He is pronouncing God’s...