Saturday 10 March 2018

One Year Bible: Day 69 - Leviticus 21:1-22:33; Mark 15:1-32; Psalm 31:19-24

An offering of sacrifice to the Lord “must be without defect pr blemish to be acceptable” (Leviticus 22:21). In Mark 15:15, we have the great statement concerning the sinless Son of God taking the sinner’s place – “Pilate released Barabbas to them. He had Jesus flogged and handed Him over to be crucified.” “Praise be to the Lord, for He showed His wonderful love to me when I was in a beseiged city” (Psalm 31:21). The Cross was, for Jesus, a beseiged city. When He cried out to God, it was like the prayer of the Psalmist – “In my alarm I said, ‘I am cut off from Your sight!’” God answered the Psalmist’s prayer – “Yet You heard my cry for mercy when I called to You for help” (Psalm 31:22). God answered Jesus’ prayer when He raised Him from the dead. To those who believe in the crucified and risen Christ, God says, “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord” (Psalm 31:24).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord’s work is moving on.

Deuteronomy 33:1-34:12 The Lord’s work is moving on. The Lord’s servant – Moses – is looking towards the future. He is pronouncing God’s...