Wednesday 7 March 2018

One Year Bible: Day 66 - Leviticus 15:1-16:34; Mark 13:32-14:16; Psalm 31:1-8

At the heart of the book of Leviticus, with all its meticulous detail, there is this great statement regarding the spiritual purpose of it all: “atonement will be made for you, to cleans you. Then, before the Lord, you will be clean from all your sins” (Leviticus 16:30). When we come to the New Testament, we find Jesus Christ, not only celebrating the Passover but fulfilling the Passover. He is the Passover Lamb. In Psalm 31:5, we read the words spoken by Christ on the Cross: “Into Your hands, I commit My spirit.” These words are followed by the prayer: “redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth.” God’s answer to prayer was, in the case of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Resurrection. The risen Christ might truly echo the words of the Psalmist: “I will be glad and rejoice in Your love, for You saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place” (Psalm 31:7-8).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord’s work is moving on.

Deuteronomy 33:1-34:12 The Lord’s work is moving on. The Lord’s servant – Moses – is looking towards the future. He is pronouncing God’s...