Tuesday 6 March 2018

One Year Bible: Day 53 - Exodus 31:1-33:6; Mark 6:30-56; Psalm 25:1-7

Moses calls to the people, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me” (Exodus 33:26). Jesus also invites His apostles to “come” - “Come with Me ... to a quiet place” (Mark 6:31). To come with Jesus to a quiet place is not to discover a place of permanent tranquility. Jesus and His apostles were soon surrounded by “a large crowd” - “The number of the man ... was five thousand” (Mark 6:34,44). Jesus takes us to “the quiet place” so that we may receive strength for the task of bringing the Bread of Life to those who are learning to pray the prayer of the Psalmist: “Show me your ways, Lord, teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Saviour” (Psalm 25:4-5).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord’s work is moving on.

Deuteronomy 33:1-34:12 The Lord’s work is moving on. The Lord’s servant – Moses – is looking towards the future. He is pronouncing God’s...