Friday 20 March 2020

God is doing a work of grace.

God is doing a work of grace. This becomes clear in the promise given to Abram (Genesis 12:1-3). Satan is still very active in the world - "Now the people of Sodom were wicked and were sinning greatly against the Lord" (Genesis 13:13). This is a situation which causes great distress to the people of God - "Listen to my words, Lord, consider my lament. Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to You I pray" (Psalm 5:1-2). When the Bible speaks about sin, we're not to point the finger at other people. This is about us. We're all sinners (Romans 3:23). The standards of God's holiness are beyond us - "You are not a God who is pleased with wickedness: evil shall not dwell with You" (Psalm 5:4). When we read the deeply challenging analysis of God's law, given by Jesus in His Sermon on the Mount, we become deeply conscious of our sin. Thank God - His Word does not only speak of His perfect holiness. It also speaks of His great love - "I, by Your great love, can come into Your house" (Psalm 5:7).
(One Year Bible - Day 6: Genesis 11:10-13:18; Matthew 5:21-42; Psalm 5:1-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible Notes by G. Philip

For forty years, Rev George Philip (11th November 1925 - 16th February 2019) taught the Word of God, faithfully and fruitfully, at Sandyfor...