Friday 20 March 2020

Only God can give real joy and peace to us.

God made a new beginning with Noah and his family. It doesn't take us long to spoil God's good work, With no concern for God's glory, we say, "let us ... make a name for ourselves" (Genesis 11:4). God's response to this situation was Jesus Christ. He is the Man who sought only to give glory to God. Christ was God's response to our sin - "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" (1 Timothy 1:15). He was also God's response to the prayers of believing people who longed for a Saviour. In Psalm 4:1, the Psalmist prays, "Answer me when I call to You, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer." Jesus Christ is God's Answer to this prayer. Christ brings relief (salvation). This salvation arises from the mercy of God. In this salvation, we have a "joy" and "peace" (Psalm 4:7-8) which the world cannot give. Only God can give this joy and peace to us.
(One Year Bible - Day 5: Genesis 9:8-11:9; Matthew 4:23-5:20; Psalm 4:1-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible Notes by G. Philip

For forty years, Rev George Philip (11th November 1925 - 16th February 2019) taught the Word of God, faithfully and fruitfully, at Sandyfor...