Tuesday 30 January 2018

One Year Bible - Day 30: Job 15:1-18:21; Matthew 20:20-34; Psalm 17:13-15

God doesn’t abandon us when we’re suffering. When Jesus asked His disciples, ”Can you drink the cup I am going to drink?” (Matthew 20:22), He was teaching them that there would be suffering. There’s a great difference between the way in which worldly people and godly people react to suffering. ”Men of this world whose reward is in this life” (Psalm 17:14) don’t see any eternal purpose in suffering. The believer looks beyond the suffering to the glory which is yet to come: “And I, in righteousness, I shall see Your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing Your likeness” (Psalm 17:15).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible Notes by G. Philip

For forty years, Rev George Philip (11th November 1925 - 16th February 2019) taught the Word of God, faithfully and fruitfully, at Sandyfor...